At Psychology for Education we assess children and adults in order to foster and promote their learning and enable them to fulfill their personal and professional ambitions
Click on a tab to find out more
We undertake assessments and provide advice on how to manage the implications of these.
Our expertise includes:
- Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADD/ ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Developmental Coordination Disorders/Dyspraxia (DCD)
- Global Delay
- Identification of gifted and talented students
- Learning Difficulties
- Special exam arrangements, accommodations and exam concessions
- Disabled Student’s Allowance
- Enhancing examination performance
Our psychological assessment will include a face-to-face session with a range of questions and tests.
These will be determined by the individual’s needs and circumstances. A typical assessment takes about three to four hours and is followed up by a detailed written report. Additionally, we will gather information from a range of sources, which typically include:
- Liaison with the referrer which might be school, employer, parent(s) or medical professionals.
- Questionnaires, previous reports
- Interview with the client
- Diagnostic Assessment to include cognitive, literacy and numeracy.
We recognise assessments can be stressful and where possible we use familiar technology such as iPads in the administration of tests in order to provide a more user friendly and therefore enjoyable experience.
We receive requests from families in the UK and abroad to advise upon schools able to meet a child’s educational needs.
We collaborate closely with leading educational consultancies to ensure the school identified provides the best fit for the child’s needs.
Our expertise includes:
- Family consultation
- Matching educational needs to appropriate educational provision
- Providing specialist tuition
- National & international placement advice
What people say about 4 Education:
“I am a tutor working in West London and you were warmly Recommended to me last year by J. You assessed a child I was tutoring then and both her parents and I found your report and feed back very helpful.”
“You clarified our concerns about a year 8 student and your assessment and feedback to us and the family meant that we now have appropriate strategies and support for the student.
“I wanted to let you know that I passed my resit of Contract Law. I want to thank you for your help in assessing my learning issues. I could not have succeeded without a complete overhaul of how I do school work. Thank you so much, I could not have done it without you.